Monday 21 February 2011

Joining the SIBOL

SIBOL is a group of wonderful women who crochet and knit an amazing variety of granny squares which are crocheted together to make heirloom blankets for the elderly. This project was created just last year by Sue (Mrs Twins) and has reached people all over the world. Her " Sunshine International Blankets of Love" have notched up an impressive 52 blankets to date in various themes and have featured in quite a few magazines!

Mrs Twins saw a note on my sisters blog about me and hopped over for a friendly hello and I loved looking through her blog and ravelry page.
http://www.ravelry.com/groups/-sibol-
http://sunshineinternationalblanketsoflove.blogspot.com/2011/02/sibol-giveaway.html
http://sunshineinternationalblanketsoflove.blogspot.com/2011/02/sibol-giveaway.html
I wanted to waited until I had made up a colourful batch before I made my first contribution but saw a great freebie giveaway and needed to send my little one off right away!
I unwound a previous mistake - it was supposed to be a baby hat that I started 3 years ago and got so completely confused by- and reused the wool to make this one. I hope you like it Sue! More will make their way to you over the year x


1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    Thank you so much for your wonderful comments and name today!
    I'm really pleased you found us and your square was simply lovely!
    I'm sorry you didn't win this time. But we will have another one I'm sure.
    Love your blog and many thanks for the post.
    Hugs Suex

    ReplyDelete